Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Dry Me a River

I think it was in my first post that I promised to document the wonderful run through the river I was enjoying in Valencia. If you know two things about me they're that I'm a man of my word and I'm often late. So here it is, a little late, something I made to show you my run in Valencia. The river I'm talking about is not actually a river anymore, but where the Turia River used to flow. There was a pretty bad flood in 1957 and after that they decided to divert the river. For the past couple decades the city of Valencia has been developing the dried-up riverbed into a long line of parks and other fun stuff, culminating in the City of Arts and Sciences, a collection of modern buildings celebrating the things I go to College for. It was really gorgeous and really flat so it was truly an awesome run; once you started you wouldn't want to stop. The song in the video is "Barlights" by fun., a band I listened to a lot in Spain. I considered writing a musical about my time abroad set to the music of their album Aim and Ignite. Those are the kinds of things you think about when running through a dried-up river in Spain surrounded by the souls of dead fish. Enjoy.


Besitos,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment